Our Terms & Conditions can be downloaded here
These terms and conditions are applicable to all customers using the Flight Sim Centre and The Virtual Reality’s Centre’s facilities and services. Please read and understand them carefully before purchasing a flight, voucher, making a booking or redeeming a pre-purchased voucher or booking our simulators for an event. If you have made a purchase (This includes 3rd party vouchers) we will assume you have read and understand these terms and conditions.
Flight Sim Centre reserves the right to change the terms and conditions without notice and changes are effective immediately.
Our flight simulators are very expensive and complex pieces of machinery and we reserve the right to restrict, refuse access or eject anyone whom we feel are abusing either the simulators or staff, or are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
One voucher per person. Vouchers cannot be shared and are valid for the named person only. If you are purchasing a flight on behalf of someone else, i.e. a voucher, please make them aware
their voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. They should contact the Flight Sim Centre as soon as possible to arrange a booking as flights should be booked and completed before expiry.
If you have purchased a 3rd party voucher and not from the Flight Sim Centre direct then please be aware the voucher valid date could be different to our own and may carry a surcharge any issues will need to be taken up with the 3rd party company directly.
If your voucher is due to expire and you are unable to find a suitable date before the expiry date we will do our best to accommodate you but reserve the right to extend your voucher expiry date for a further 2 months for a fee of £20.00. Customers wishing to do this must notify us before the original expiry date.
You can upgrade your voucher at any time by paying the relevant current price difference.
All vouchers from the Sim Centre are non-refundable and will be dispatched via email unless a request is made to post a voucher this will be by Royal Mail Second Class Post and will normally be posted the same day if ordered before 2 pm. Please allow extra time during periods of high
postal demand (e.g. Pre-Christmas). If you order last minute or require Guaranteed next day delivery (Next working day) please contact us, this is available at an extra cost of £10.00
Times slots are arranged in advance by contacting us via email (The preferred method), telephone, Facebook (Private message) or our Contact Us form. Please arrive no sooner than 10 minutes before your allocated slot time, if you are late and we have bookings following your own
session we may have to cut your time short, under these circumstances no refund is offered.
Please notify us of changes as early as possible. If you miss your Flight it is not refundable and there will be a re-booking fee at an extra cost of £20.00 per person.
CANCELLATION / RE-BOOKING
Once you have a booking you are required to give more than 48 hours’ notice if you wish to change the booking or voucher name, this can be arranged for an administration fee of £10.00. If less than 48 hours’ notice is given, your experience can be re-booked for a fee of £20.00, if a re- booking is refused no refund is offered.
Prices displayed on our website will be correct and will be the valid prices at the time of booking. Prices advertised in leaflets and magazines may differ to prices on our website depending upon the date of the publication.
On occasions, if the simulators are unserviceable, or we need to complete maintenance or circumstances arise beyond our control; we may need to move your booking to a mutual alternative time and/or date. We may also offer you an equivalent flight in another simulator (equivalent value) if convenient. In this case there is no administrative charge payable. We will give you as much notice of any change as we can but it must be understood that problems with any simulator can occur without warning as they are complex machines. If you refuse a re- booking then no refund is due and no other expenses are payable in these circumstances.
The total liability of any Flight for any claim whatsoever in connection with the simulator session shall be limited to the amount the Flight Sim Centre receives.
All participants take part at their own risk. Please inform us of any conditions or medical issues that you feel may be relevant.
If booking the Spitfire or Virtual Reality experience and using the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive headset we strongly recommend you look at:
Oculus Rift’s Best Practices, especially Appendix L (Health & Safety)
Please consult your doctor before using the product if you have any queries.
Motion sickness – People who generally aren’t susceptible to motion sickness in cars and boats will be fine in VR. Please bear this in mind when booking as no refunds can be offered.
The Flight Sim Centre is easily accessed by disabled people. All our simulators involve a small degree of physical mobility to access the cockpits and/or confined space.
Check with us prior to purchase if you have any concerns about simulator access.
Any age can experience our flight simulators / experiences from the very young to the more mature. Children under 16 years MUST be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their behaviour. The instructor has the right to refuse entry or eject anyone who is unruly or causing
damage to the simulator, under these circumstances no refunds will be available and damage will be chargeable.
All participants are permitted to bring guests to share their flight experience. Children under the age of 16 should be supervised by a non-flying adult. There is no additional charge for guests.
HIRING FLIGHT SIM CENTRE’S EXHIBITS FOR PUBLIC OR PRIVATE EVENTS
1. What Flight Sim Centre will provide for your event:
- The exhibit(s) as agreed and booked by the event
- At least one Flight Sim Centre representative
- Health & Safety and Risk Assessment of our exhibit Public Liability insurance cover
- Publicity of your public event once booked
2. What Flight Sim Centre require of the event organiser:
- The exact location of your event including Post Code and any special access instructions, and the days and dates you require our exhibit(s).
- Easy access for Flight Sim Centre staff and exhibit(s) to the location. Our trailer is 8ft x 6ft. Total area required for exhibit(s) is 10ft x 10ft.
- The responsibility for locating our exhibit(s) appropriately at the event lies with the event organiser.
- Following their choice of location, it is their responsibility to ensure conditions are suitable for unloading and loading.
- If adverse weather conditions effect our exhibit(s) we may need to suspend operations or ultimately shut down for public safety reasons.
- 240 Volts mains (We can supply a generator if necessary)
- Overnight security of the exhibit (if necessary) is the responsibility of the event organiser.
3. Payment and Costs:
- Flight Sim Centre requires payment in full at time of booking. Should the event be cancelled or Flight Sim Centre not required this payment is non-refundable.
- Flight Sim Centre will make every endeavour to attend a booked event, however if circumstances arise beyond our control such as adverse weather conditions or mechanical breakdown, and we cannot safely transport our exhibit, then payment will be reimbursed.
- Our total cost quoted covers travelling expenses to and from the event; accommodation if necessary; storage costs; Health & Safety and Risk assessments; Public Liability Insurance up to £5 million; and other associated overheads.
Our Terms & Conditions can be downloaded here