Using our light aircraft flight simulator you will learn the fundamental basics of a Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL) and once completed you will be able to taxi, take-off, fly a circuit, navigate and land a light aircraft. The course which is run by a fully qualified experienced pilot enables you to develop light aircraft handling skills and learn about operating the aircraft correctly and safely.
Once enrolled on the course you will be sent all the required course work needed to complete the theory of flying.
The course modules for the Future Pilot’s Course are:
- Principles of flight
1 – Principles of Flight
All the basic controls and the related physics theories behind how an aircraft moves on the ground and in the air.
- Primary & Secondary Effects of Controls
- Aircraft structure & how aero engines work
- Straight & Level Flight
- Climbing and Descending
- Stalling & Recovery
2 – Instrumentation
The instruments and gauges required to fly in bad weather where external visibility is slim to none.
- Level flight
- Descending & Turning
- Position finding using VOR/DME
- Rate 1 turns & the basic holding pattern
- Flying an approach in low visibility
3 – Emergencies
How to think like a pilot. Dealing with emergencies while maintaining control in high stress situations
- Bird strikes
- Electrical failure
- Engine failure after take off
- Engine failure at altitude including engine fire
- Radio Failure
- Abandoned take off, Go-around
4 – Meteorology
The study of weather and its effect on flying.
- Understanding the weather
- On route diversion planning (VFR)
- VOR Tracking
- Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) flight from Carlisle to Newcastle
5 – Navigation
The knowledge required to plan and fly a wind-corrected route from point to point
- Visual flight rules (VFR) navigation planning and radio calls
- Newcastle to Carlisle flight
- Durham Tees to Newcastle flight
- Solo flight
The course is offered as a one to one individual course and can be taken at a pace that suits you, however we recommend 2 x 2.5 hour sessions; there is no pressure to complete the course in a set time. Additional lessons are available if required.
On completion of the “Future Pilot’s Course” you will qualify as a Flight Sim Centre “Private Pilot” and gain your virtual Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL) wings. This course will comprehensively teach you how to operate our light aircraft simulator and its systems.
Why not combine the Future Pilot Course with our Boeing 737 Virtual Type Rating course together and save money.
Contact us for further details.