Using our state of the art full motion flight simulator you will learn the fundamental basics of the “Private Pilot’s Licence” and once completed you will be able to taxi, take-off, fly a circuit, navigate and land a light aircraft.
Once enrolled on the course you will be sent all the required course work needed to complete the theory side including an aircraft checklist and a log to keep track of your flying time.
The course modules for the introduction to the Private Pilot’s Licence are listed below, consisting of 1 hour lessons:
- Principles of flight
1 – Principles of Flight
Lesson 1 covers all the basic controls and the related physics theories behind how an aircraft moves on the ground and in the air.
- Primary & Secondary Effects of Controls
- Aircraft structure & how aero engines work
- Straight & Level Flight
- Climbing and Descending
- Stalling & Recovery
2 – Instrumentation
Lesson 2 covers the instruments and gauges required to fly in bad weather where external visibility is slim to none.
- Level flight
- Descending & Turning
- Position finding using VOR/DME
- Rate 1 turns & the basic holding pattern
- Flying an ILS approach in low visibility
3 – Emergencies
Lesson 3 is about how to think as a pilot. Dealing with emergencies while maintaining control in high stress situations
- Engine fire during start up
- Electrical failure
- Engine failure after take off
- Engine failure at altitude including engine fire
- Radio Failure
- Abandoned take off, Go-around
4 – Meteorology
Lesson 4 covers Meteorology or the study of weather.
- Understanding the weather
- On route diversion planning (VFR)
- VOR Tracking
- Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) flight from Carlisle to Newcastle
5 – Navigation
- Lesson 5 covers the knowledge required to plan and fly a wind-corrected route from point to point
- Visual flight rules (VFR) navigation planning and radio calls
- Newcastle to Carlisle flight
- Durham Tees to Newcastle flight
- Solo flight
The course can be taken at a pace that suits you; there is no pressure to complete the course in a set time. Additional lessons are available if required at a reduced cost.
On completion of the “Private Pilot’s Licence” course you will qualify as a Flight Sim Centre “Private Pilot” and gain your virtual Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL) wings. This course will comprehensively teach you how to operate our light aircraft simulator and its systems, intern allowing you to operate the aircraft without an instructor at a reduced hourly rate on all future bookings.
The course which is run by a fully qualified experienced pilot enables you to develop light aircraft handling skills and learn about operating the aircraft correctly and safely.
Why not combine the Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL) course with our Boeing 737 Virtual Type Rating course together and save money.
Contact us for further details.