Our Piper PA-28 Cherokee Flight Simulator is a “one-of-a-kind” which has been “reborn” and converted into a realistic flight simulator using a real Piper PA-28 aircraft fuselage G-ATOL. It offers an incredibly realistic experience of what it is like to fly a real light aircraft in any weather. It features a Garmin G1000 glass cockpit which is perfect for modern flight conversion training (a standard instrument 6 pack is also available, sometimes called “Steam” gauges) you will be fully immersed by the 4K, 320 degree wrap around visuals which covers every window of the aircraft, excellent real world visuals for “bashing the circuit”. The simulator can also be setup as an advanced twin light aircraft for those wishing to have a little more speed and power or to practice asymmetric power failures and she also makes for an excellent “complex” conversion training platform for more advanced users who can learn about Variable Pitch Propellers (constant-speed propellers), Lean and Rich of Peak operations and Retractable Landing Gear all at a fraction of the cost of real flying.
We even offer a Mountain flying course – plan escape routes, sufficient manoeuvring capability, density altitude etc.
The Piper PA-28 Cherokee is a four-seat light aircraft built by Piper aircraft and designed for flight training, air taxi and personal use. The PA-28 aircraft comprises all-metal, unpressurised, single-engine, piston-powered airplane with low-mounted wings and tricycle landing gear. They have a single door on the right side.
The first PA-28 received its type certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in 1960 and the series remains in production to this day. Piper has created variations within the Cherokee family by installing engines ranging from 140 to 300 hp, offering turbocharging, retractable landing gear, constant-speed propellers and stretching the fuselage to accommodate six people.
No flying experience is required to fly and enjoy our simulator experience, all ages are welcome!
Piper PA-28 Cherokee
- Role: Civil utility training aircraft
- Manufacturer: Piper Aircraft
- First flight: 14 January 1960
- Number built: 32,778+
- Unit cost: $502,000
Student Pilot / Future Pilot
If you are a student pilot (or future pilot in the making), then our Piper PA28 flight simulator is the perfect choice and can provide a safe environment for learning procedures and building basic stick-and-rudder skills. Under the guidance of your flight instructor you can get all the benefits of training in a real aircraft without the associated cost or stress. Furthermore, because you control the simulator world, you can minimise distractions from whatever you’re currently practicing, such as bad weather, other aircraft, and so on. Then, once you’re actually in the air, you’ll be more prepared and more confident—you’ll spend less time in the air (saving you money) and you’ll be safer doing so.
If you’re a private pilot, staying current and proficient—whether for a flight review, instrument proficiency check, or simply your own peace of mind—is very important. Using our Piper PA28 flight simulator, you can practice takeoffs and landings, instrument navigation, emergences, and so on. Furthermore, you can prepare for tricky or dangerous situations: instrument failures, crosswind landings, navigating storms, and more. One of the more often overlooked features of a flight simulator is the ability to play back a flight or visualise its trajectory. Doing so allows you to evaluate your takeoffs and landings after you’re through.
We use FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) approved software offering a fully functional realistic aerodynamic flight model for our Piper simulator which has all the features required for FAA certification and is regularly used as a training aid for professional and trainee pilots however, like all our simulators no flying experience is required to fly and enjoy our simulator experience, all ages are welcome.
All of our hardware components which make up the simulator are made to the same scale as the real aircraft in every aspect because she is a real aircraft, couple that with our 320 degree 4k full wrap around visual screen and tactile transducers offering the highest level of immersion currently available anywhere, because of this the simulator is both VFR and IFR ready with over 50,000 airports in the database! (Twice as many as any another simulator centre in the UK) So you can choose to fly from any airport in the world – it’s your choice.
2 Person Passenger Cabin*
Bring friends, family or colleagues along on your flight. A unique passenger cabin that can accommodate 2 passengers who will be fully immersed and sitting directly behind the cockpit watching all the action.
Take home a souvenir of your flight on an SD card in full HD. Contact us in advanced if you would like your flight experience recorded as a keepsake.
Other packages available
*Junior Pilots Course / Virtual Private Pilot’s Licence Course For details on our light aircraft training courses – See here
Private Pilot’s Refresher Training – See here
Complex Flight Training
Key features are:
- No previous experience required
- Available all year round (weather won’t stop play!)
- Vouchers are valid for 24 months
- Recommended ages 6 and upwards
- Professional instructor included
- No prerequisites, We’ll have you flying after a short brief
- 1-1 scale, fully enclosed real aircraft cockpit
- 2 Seat rear passenger cabin for spectators
- Single & twin-engined aircraft
- Flight controls with advanced dynamic force feedback
- Ultra-realistic flight model
- +50000 airports all around the World
- Advanced Complex Training
- Dangerous approaches i.e. St Bart’s
- Mountain flying – plan escape routes, sufficient manoeuvring capability, density altitude etc.
- Fully programmable weather conditions (fair weather, thunderstorms, storms, crosswinds, fog, icing, real time weather, etc.)
- Start in a completely cold and dark state.
- Full introduction to the flight controls and various other systems in the aircraft
- Program the Garmin G1000 flight management computer if required
- Aircraft checklists including starting the engines!
- Taxi to the active runway and take-off
- Multiple failures available if required (Engine fires, Fuel leaks etc.)
- Takeoffs, landings, and why not barrel rolls, stalls and spins!
- Presented with a certificate
- Upgrades available
- In short: great fun, inspirational and fantastic family memories!
*small charge may apply