Want to know what it’s like flying a big airliner? Or in the future want to get a commercialAirline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)? Have you got what it takes to operate a Boeing 737- 800 airliner from start-up to shutdown, anywhere in the world? Well at the Flight Sim Centre you can apply for the “Boeing 737 Virtual Type Rating”. Our Virtual Type Rating course offers up to 7 hours of professional tuition on the most popular passenger airliner in history, the Boeing 737.
Flying an airplane demands huge skill, knowledge and accuracy and in order to fly a Boeing 737 airline pilots must undergo a “Type Rating” course to show they have the skills required to fly passengers safely around the world.
Our training package has five structured modules followed by a skills test lasting up to 2 hours in which you will operate a flight from one airport to another using real life airline routes and procedures from engine start to engine shutdown; the course can be taken at a pace that suits you, there is no pressure to complete the course in a set time.
On completion of the “Boeing 737 Virtual Type Rating” course you will qualify as a Flight Sim Centre “First Officer” and gain your virtual commercial pilots wings. This course will comprehensively teach you how to operate our Boeing 737-800 simulator and its systems, allowing you to operate the aircraft without an instructor at a reduced hourly rate which can then be shared with a friend.
The course which is run by fully qualified experienced pilots enables you to develop jet handling skills and learn about operating the aircraft correctly and safely. Some of the key things you will learn are as follows:
- Planning for the flight, navigation and weather
- Using SIDs and STARs
- Hand-flying technique for take-off and landing
- MCP Autopilot flying and the different modes available
- Pushback, engine start and taxiing using “Tiller” controls
- Emergencies and how to handle them
- How to use the Boeing 737 – 800 CDU (Computer Display Unit) and FMC (Flight Management Computer)
- The final module is a skills “Check Flight” which you will have to complete and only then will you be issued with your Boeing 737 Virtual Type Rating. This is a real-time flight which you fly under your own command, using real-life procedures and routes.
- Additional lessons available if required at a reduced cost.
- Complimentary Tea / Coffee.
- Complimentary flying log book to record your flight time.
- Anyone who would like to fly with us more than once and on their own or with a friend.
- Anyone who wants to learn to fly an aircraft
- Aviation enthusiast
- Anyone studying aircraft engineering
- Private Pilot’s Licence (PPLs) holder looking for a challenge
- Flight simulation enthusiasts
- Ages 12 upwards
For further discount why not book our Private Pilot’s Licence (PPLs) course and Boeing 737 Virtual Type Rating courses together.
As a prerequisite (although not essential) you ideally will have completed our 5 hour introduction to the Private Pilot’s Licence (PPLs) course or have some flying / flight sim knowledge.
Our Boeing 737NG Virtual Type Rating Training Course includes:
Introduction to the Boeing 737 & cockpit environment
Basic VFR procedures including:
- Briefing and preparation
- Stalls and unusual altitudes
- Climbs & descents
- Identifying objects and orientation
- Turns and spiral dives
- Taxi & Take off procedures
- Orientation using VORs
- Orientation & navigation using FMC
- Flight from Heathrow to Gatwick, start-up to shut-down
- Engine failures
- ILS approaches (demonstrated at Hong Kong)
- A 2 hour “check flight” in our Boeing 737 all planned and acted on by the student.